What do we do?
gebetskeller kreuzberg sees itself as a platform for interdenominational prayer and praise.
It was founded by Christians from different denominations.
The focus of Gebetskeller is:
• To pray together with Christians from different churches and communities for the city
• Networking with different communities and Christian works
• Promoting the unity of Christians
• interdenominational worship events such as BURN 24-7 Berlin
• Seminars on various current topics
• Prayer walks
• Outreach (evangelistic missions)
• Worship platforms in public places
What do we believe?
We believe in God the Father,
The Creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ,
His only begotten Son, our Lord,
Received by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Crucified, died and buried,
Descended into the realm of death,
On the third day rose from the dead,
Ascended to heaven;
He sits at the right hand of God,
The Almighty Father;
From there He will come,
To judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
To the holy church of Jesus Christ
Community of Saints,
Forgiveness of sins,
Resurrection of the dead
And eternal life.
Die besondere Problematik Kreuzbergs
Kreuzberg, one of the 12 districts in the heart of Berlin, is known for its complex problems. Especially the area around the Kottbusser Tor, is recognised by the Senate as a social focal point with special development requirements.
One of the projects of the urban renewal program ‘Berlin-West ‘also included the construction of the “Neue Kreuzberger Zentrum” (NKZ), a twelve-storey, 367 apartment semi-circular high-rise building at Kottbusser Tor. However, due to its high concentration of economically and socio-culturally disadvantaged people in one place, this highly compacted residential quarter has created additional problems.
As a further undesirable side effect, the NKZ, with its angled side arms, offers ideal hiding places for dealers and drug addicts, and is used as a public toilet by the homeless, drug addicts as well as by Berlin visitors and partygoers from the numerous adjacent clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafés. The NKZ, which has received its new name “Zentrum Kreuzberg” since the beginning of 2000, is still a very controversial social object.
Until today, Kreuzberg faces numerous problems:
– Settlement of one of the largest drug scenes in Berlin
– Increased abuse of alcohol, drugs, tablets
– High rate of physical, psychological and sexual abuse in the families
– High unemployment
– High proportion of foreigners
– High crime rate
– High violence and vandalism, especially during the May 1 riots
– The highest accident rate in Berlin, especially at Kottbusser Tor
– Poverty and neglect
– Exercising occultism and esoterism
– High settlement of casinos and betting offices
– Location of different religions
– Venue of numerous demonstrations
For this reason, Gebetskeller Kreuzberg wants to create a place, at the focal point of Kottbusser Tor, where God will without ceasing (1.Thess 5:17), round the clock (24/7) be worshipped.
“The Son of God appeared to destroy the works of the devil” (I John 3:8)
Our vision is to build God a 24/7 alter with prayer and worship!
Because this is already happening in heaven, we want to create here on earth in Gebetskeller Kreuzberg a worship place, where we come before God with Harp and Bowl (Revelation 5:8), with worship and prayer and bring him the need of our city Berlin, especially Kreuzberg.
That is why we are praying right here, at Kottbusser Tor, because it is one of the darkest districts of Berlin with numerous problems.
We believe that through prayer and praise, God can and will change people, circumstances, situations and whole cities.
And so we cry to God:
“Father, send thy holy spirit, and heal, and awake our city and our land.” … Open the eyes of men, that they may be converted from darkness to light, and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may recieve foregiveness of sins …. “